Saturday, May 31, 2008

Last day in Dunedin

Well it is the last day in Dunedin and man the weather has turned itself on just for me, to remind me of how cold it can be down here, when I was just thinking that I had become aclimatized to this weather. It is freezing, knowing my luck it will snow!!!

A few months ago I brought a new tent from trademe, which was miraculously here in Dunedin, so Mum went and collected it for me and stored it in her basement until Jade and I came down to inspect it. We put it up yesterday (just before it rained) to check it out and see what things we needed to have made before we could use it properly. So when I get home I have to get a spring for the top of the centre tension poles, and also a tension wire rope and hooks made for holding the tension correctly accross the middle.
So no this tent is not for us to sleep in, we have good Kathmandu tents for that, but this one is for when it is windy or raining, so it is a "mess tent" to play cards, read books, eat or just sit and relax in when the weather is doing its thing. One way of looking at it, is we have brought it as an insurance policy so when we go camping this Xmas at Tarras again it will not rain, it will not flood us out and it will not be so cold that we need hot water bottles to keep us warm. Yes all of these things have happened to us over the last few years. Worse case scenario and it does, we will at least have somewhere to sit etc and will not freeze!
The next picture is of Mum's old tea bag. For as long as I can remember she has been recycling her tea bags and using them as many times as possible, I am not really sure why she does it, but it just seems like it has been forever. I hate it, but it is one of her qwirks, so I have now brought her a wee dish for when she comes to stay at our place, so she will have somewhere to put them!!
Isn't funny the qwirks that everyone has, that others always think are strange!! Lucky I am perfect.

No comments: