Saturday, May 17, 2008

A Devious Fairy is Exposed........

Well yesterday Jade lost her tooth at childcare. She thought it was great when I picked her up. And then it happened - the first stroke in stopping being my little girl. "Mum the tooth fairy is not real it is really you, I know", mortified I told her that of course the tooth fairy was real, don't be silly.

Any way later that night I saw her put the tooth into her little tooth box where the tooth fairy flutters on in to collect the tooth and drop off pots of gold. I thought to myself, yay she still believes really. So when it came to my turn to go and swap the money over when she was fast asleep (no I was not dressed in a fairy costume, I think that is going a bit far), I could not find the tooth box!!! To ensure that she was right and the tooth fairy did not exist she hid it, as the true tooth fairy would surely find it. Well I hunted everywhere looking for that tooth box, but it was no where to be found.

Off I went down into the office to find a suitable card that a toothfairy would write a note on, and a suitable pretty pen that a tooth fairy might like to write letters with. I composed a note to Jade, telling her I had a busy night ahead collecting many teeth from lots of little children all around the world, and I could not find her tooth, if she could possibly put it out where I could find it, that would make my life alot easier. I left some money there for her anyway, and told her to leave out her tooth tonight, as a sign of good faith.

Well blow me down this morning Jade came in telling me how she had money, and she knew I wrote the note "as sometimes I say the wrong word", I asked her what did she mean "well mum you wrote that my tooth fall out instead of fell out, so I know it is you".

So there is the end of the childhood dream of the tooth fairy.
I thought this was a nice picture of Jade in her new jersey, new socks and new sneakers. She did well today at the shop. I went to get her sneakers only.
Some soccer pictures from today. We won 7 nil. A hard game, the kids had to play hard, but they went well.
Yahoo another goal.
Miss Nyah is staying the night, so will be a late night tonight.

No comments: