Tuesday, October 9, 2007

School Holidays

One day before i start typing my next edition in my blog I might actually read what I wrote before so I can continue on with the story rather than sitting here wondering what I have told you and where i am up to!!!
Well School holidays is all over, two weeks goes just so fast. Jade spent the first week down in Paraparaumu with Ralf's parents being spoilt rotten. Breakfast in bed every morning, courtesy of Granddad. This consists of juice and a biscuit first, then followed by toast! She "the queen" thought she was in seventh heaven!! They had several trips down to the beach for a picnic and a play, and of course the trip to the movies i think they went to see Evan Almighty, which Jade described as "Sooooo Funnnny". This was the first trip away that she got right into texting me which was really cool. Normally it is just a yes and no reply to my questions, but this time I got all the smart little comments coming through all day long as though she was sitting beside me - very amusing!!

Second week My Mum and her student Tak came up to stay. It was extremely windy for the whole week they were here, so they were not able to do much. A few bike rides and a trip to the movies to see "Ratatoue" now i know I spelt that wrong! When I say they did not do much perhaps I should re word that to say Jade did not do much, my ever energetic mother, cleaned our windows twice! Weeded the gardens for us and of course continued on with her obsession to do all my washing! One day she will have to learn to just sit and relax but until then, our house will have it's once a year window clean. So good to see my Mum it always seems such a long time waiting for her to visit, and then she arrives and suddenly it is time to go home again.

Today i have just taken Ralf to the airport to go to Blenheim for the next 3-4 weeks to work for Safe Air. He had a month worth of long leave he needed to use up, so he is down in Blenheim with Gundi working. I think they were both looking forward to hanging out together down there. So Jade and I are cruising together by ourselves, i have told her she will be making tea for me every night, she thinks we will just have to have sandwiches and pasta!

Next weekend in scrap camp, I was not going to go, but Jade is going to stay with her best friend for two nights, so that is cool, I will miss Friday night, but be there Saturday morning, so I am very content.

Thought I had better include a layout I have done recently, went to play at Jo's house, and whipped this one up, a bit of a play on words, Ralf does not go out fishing very much at all, not much time in between Golf and general life, so I always give him hassles about catching nothing!!

Well better go and collect Jade from School.

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

O what a catch!!!!! Packed already, gees youre a crack-up. Hey, does your Mum wanna stay at my house next time shes down this way - my windows could do with a clean and Lord knows I could always do with help with the washing!!!!! LOL
C U soon babe
Love Nette