Sunday, June 7, 2009

The hot date

The date went well. Drew turned up to pick up Jade (driven by Kate and with Flynn Drew's younger brother tow) on time, there was no waiting around, good to see he was nice and prompt :-)

They stood and let me take their photo - neither wanted it, but did as they were told, I am sure in the years to come I will be told in no uncertain terms where to get off when I ask for the same style of photo, but until then I will click away happily. Kate took them to the rat hole (the local pub), organised their meals, got their drinks, and then she left them to it, and went and sat in the other bar (spying on them), I would have prefered that Kate had a camera with a long lens on it - but no, so no photos of them dining together!! Jade told me afterwards that Drew spilt his ice-cream sundae sauce on his shirt, and she caught him licking it off! But then she told me she spilt her's too, but of course could not lick it off her dress!!!

Then off to the school disco together, where there was little dancing, lots of drinking fizzy, and collecting glow in the dark bracelets.

A happy date had by the both of them.

No comments: